Songs that were not written about my car.
Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down….
…yes, you just got rick rolled. It seemed an appropriate song. See, Buzti Laroo my beloved red chariot has drawn her last breath, her transmission eventually tearing her asunder.
And so, to honour the girl who was Zeus’ home, a much adored talking point and got through 8000km, a run-in with bikies, being bogged, held together with gaffer tape and rescued from a giant galah, I give you the “playlist of songs not written about my car” with relevant lyrics mentioned.
- “The distance” – Cake
He’s going the distance; He’s going for speed
- “The theme from Raw Hide” – The Blues Brothers
Rollin’ Rollin’ Rollin’; Rollin’ Rollin’ Rollin’
- “Break my stride” – Matthew Wilder
Ain’t nothin’ gonna to break my stride; Nobody’s gonna slow me down, oh-no; I got to keep on movin’
- “Born to be wild” – Steppenwolf
Get your motor runnin’; Head out on the highway
- “Don’t stop me now” – Queen
I’m a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva; I’m gonna go go go; There’s no stopping me
- “Wide Open Road” – The Triffids
It’s a wide open road; And now you can go to any place; That you want to go
- “On the road again” – Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson
“On the road again; Goin’ places that I’ve never been”
And now as a supplementary list, songs that could have been about my car:
- “Destination anywhere” – The Committments
Said to the man at the railway station; want a ticket just for one
- “Bicycle” – Queen
I want to ride my bicycle
- “I’m gonna be” – the proclaimers
But I would walk 500 miles; And I would walk 500 more
- “Sweet Hitch-Hiker” – Creedence Clearwater Revival
Sweet hitch-a-hiker; Won’t you ride on my fast machine?
Did you actually get home!!!!!!!
You Go Girl.
Love Les XXXx